Title: Customer Service Specialist/Veterinary Assistant
Reports to: Clinic Director
Responsible for entering data from surgical records into the animal database, fielding phone inquiries from external customers, and maintaining excellent customer relations between Clinic staff and Clinic clients. Assist management team with administrative duties. Assist surgical and vaccination/wellness team as needed.
- Logs incoming phone messages and returns calls as soon as possible.
- Answers Clinic phone within 3 rings when possible.
- Books spay/neuter appointments.
- Provides copies of medical records to clients and veterinary clinics as requested and as authorized.
- Enters surgical notes, test results, and vaccination data into the animal database with a high level of accuracy and proficiency.
- Client phone contact to confirm appointments one week prior to, and the day before, spay/neuter surgery appointment.
- Prepares next day surgical patient folders.
- Assists with am surgical check-in.
- Processes payments for daily surgery patients prior to discharge.
- Fields calls for management team; take succinct messages.
- Keeps Clinic management team informed of any customer complaints and/or problems.
- Restocks Clinic lobby pamphlets, brochures and flyers.
- Enters Clinic (including vaccination clinic) microchip data into database and microchip company web page.
- Files a.m. forms, vaccination clinic paperwork, and any other paperwork as requested.
- Responsible for the set up, customer service, money and paperwork for the vaccination clinics. Assists the Veterinarian during vaccination clinic as needed.
- Prepares offsite vaccination clinic supplies for transport.
- Ensures vaccination reminders are given to clients.
- Assists surgical team as needed with monitoring and recovery of surgical patients.
- Assists management team with administrative duties as necessary.
- Furnishes information concerning the work of the Clinic and the Shelter; provides basic animal care advice and makes referrals as appropriate.
- Dispenses and gives information about prescriptions and/or special care to owners as instructed by the veterinarians.
- Provides information in person or over the phone regarding animal issues including but not limited to: animal welfare, animal laws (state, county and city), HSSA's policies and services, animal care and euthanasia or directs patron to appropriate department.
- Acts as liaison with Finance Department to maintain accuracy of accounts receivable.
- May train and supervise volunteers for clinic functions.
- Perform customer service to the standards set forth in HSSA’s employee manual.
- May drive company vehicle in performance of company business.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions or qualifications associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, for example, emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological breakdowns in departments.
Please email your resume and application to firstname.lastname@example.org.