Your unwanted items can help save lives.
Thrifting in itself is a noble thing to do for the environment — not to mention easy on your wallet! And when you thrift at The Humane Society of Southern Arizona Thrift Store you’re going the extra mile by supporting a nonprofit that’s been helping pets and the people who love them for over 76 years.
This unusual year has had many people spending more time at home than anticipated. Decluttering, deep cleaning, tidying up and rearranging furniture have become efficient ways to pass the time. You can make a difference by donating unwanted items to our thrift store. We always accept high-quality donations to sell in-store and every dollar raised goes to homeless pets in need.
Donations are accepted during regular business hours. To make a donation, follow the signs to the designated donation area where an attendant will be happy to help. HSSA Thrift Store is not able to accept donations that are left outside overnight. For questions regarding donations call 520-327-0010.
HSSA Thrift Store accepts the following items:
- Household items
- Pet items
- Designer clothes
- Sports items
To maximize your contribution we respectfully ask that all items donated are in good, functional condition. HSSA Thrift Store reserves the right to refuse items that are deemed inappropriate for resale or included on our list of unacceptable items (see below).
- Non-working appliances
- Console televisions and stereo cabinets
- Giant/large television
- Kitchen/bathroom cabinets
- Toilets, sinks, vanities
- Construction materials (lumber, sheet rock, cement, insulation)
- Outdated computers, dot matrix printers (older than 5 years)
- Outdated electronics
- Large microwaves (small and under the counter only)
- Empty food jars
- Car seats
- Flammable items
- Medical supplies
- Furniture in need of repair
- Swing sets
- Hazardous waste such as paint and varnish
- Used bed pillows
- Household cleaners (unless never opened)
- Household trash and garbage
- Copy machines
- Carpeting and padding
- Opened cosmetics (excluding perfumes)
- Pianos/organs/spas (unless transported to site)
- Scrap iron
- Tires and tire rims
- Wall heaters
- Water heaters
- Wet or soiled clothing
- Recalled items