Title: Maintenance Supervisor
Reports to: Director of IT and Facilities Operations
Salary Level: 5 (non-exempt)
Responsible for the maintenance and repair all facilities and grounds, including but not limited to the facilities plumbing, heating, cooling with emphasis on maintaining and addressing electrical systems; keep premises safe and comfortable for the animals, the public and the employees; assist the Facilities Lead with the maintenance of all HSSA vehicles, purchase parts and supplies, and perform preventative maintenance; deal with vendors and suppliers. Supervise 2 to 3 Department of Correction crew members assisting with maintenance duties.
- Continual monitoring of all facilities for needed replacements, maintenance, preventative maintenance or repair.
- Identify, report, correct safety hazards facilities wide.
- Identify, address, repair and replace minor electrical needs.
- Identify, address, repair and replace minor plumbing needs.
- Plan and assist supervision on new construction, building, installing needed outlets, wiring/conduit, lighting systems, and related T install needs.
- Assist in providing estimates and material needs on planned or updating projects
- Implements plans and ideas and constructs builds from start to finish.
- Welding (trade school) experience in fabrication and related required repair.
- Paint both interior and exterior of facilities as needed.
- Replace and/or repair valves, fuses, filters, pipes and fittings as needed.
- Clean drains, open sinks and toilets, and unplug drains and pipes as needed.
- Order and pick up materials as needed for various construction and/or repair projects.
- Deal with the public, vendors and suppliers, in the acquisition of materials and supplies.
- Build racks, stands, tables and other items, as needed or requested by department managers.
- Maintain an adequate supply of parts for replacements, such as light bulbs, fuses, hardware, etc.
- Maintain the grounds and equipment in a manner which provides a safe, clean and well-groomed environment.
- Maintain the physical condition of all facilities, both interior and exterior.
- Procure needed supplies for department.
- Perform customer service to the standards set forth in HSSA’s employee manual.
- Drive company vehicle in performance of company business.
- Train and supervise 2-3 D.O.C. crew members in accordance with the standards set forth by the Department of Corrections.
- Provide daily transportation, in company vehicle, of the DOC inmates to and from the prison to main campus.
- May train and supervise volunteers for the Maintenance Department.
- Maintain all vehicles to insure that they are safe and dependable.
- Perform other duties as required
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions or qualifications associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, for example, emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological breakdowns in departments.